Upcoming virtual town halls
The public is invited to give input on the search for Indiana University's next president through a series of virtual town halls starting Oct. 22. The Board of Trustees presidential search advisory committee is tasked with gathering feedback on three key questions:
- What major challenges and opportunities will the next president inherit?
- What type of person will be best prepared to address the challenges and explore opportunities in terms of leadership style, experience, financial acumen, views, etc.?
- What highlights can the search committee and advisory committee share with candidates unfamiliar with IU and Indiana.
IU faculty, staff, students and members of the public can share their feedback during a town hall session. Participants are requested to register to attend the session associated with their campus or community. If the session has already taken place the link to the recording is included below.
- Evansville, 4 to 5:30 p.m. CDT (5 to 6:30 p.m. EDT) Thursday, Oct. 22
- IU Kokomo, 10 to 11:30 a.m. Friday, Oct. 23
- IU East, 1:30 to 3 p.m. Friday, Oct. 23
- IU Northwest, 9 to 10:30 a.m. CDT (10 to 11:30 a.m. EDT) Tuesday, Oct. 27
- IU Southeast, 3:30 to 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 29
- IU Bloomington, 10:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 2:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 30
- IUPUC, 3:30 to 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 2
- Fort Wayne, 1:30 to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 4
- IU Fort Wayne, 3:30 to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 4
- IU South Bend, 3:30 to 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 5
- IUPUI, 10 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 3 p.m. Friday, Nov. 6
The advisory committee will present their report by Nov. 16 to the search committee. The board's intent is to have a new leader in place when President Michael A. McRobbie retires in June 2021.