Charter and Resolutions of the All University Student Association
Article IV: Board of Directors
Section I: Composition
- The Board of Directors, hereinafter referred to as the “board,” shall be the final policy-making body of the AUSA and shall consist of the President of the Student Body (or her/his delegate) of each Indiana University campus.
Section II: Quorum
- Quorum shall be established when one half plus one (1/2 + 1) of all Board members are present.
Section III. Voting Rights
- Each Board Member shall have one and only one vote.
- In the absence of a Board Member, he/she may appoint a substitute from his/her respective Student Government to serve with full rights and privileges of a full Board Member for that meeting.
- In order to acquire rights and privileges, the substitute must have written certification from the President of the respective campus. In the event that the President is unable to provide certification, the Student Activities Director may provide such certification.
Section IV: Powers
The Board shall:
- Elect a Chairperson and a Vice Chairperson from and by its membership.
- Allocate funds received or collected in the name of the AUSA.
- Provide for the efficient operation of the AUSA by adoption of necessary rules, regulation, or policies.
- Represent the students of Indiana University through actions taken.
- Convene or disband committees as necessary and require reports from these committees as desired.
- Enact all appropriate legislation to effect the purpose of this organization.
- Establish any policy, service, or program necessary and proper to the execution of the purpose or duties of the AUSA.
- Approve or Disapprove all amendments to this charter by the appropriate measures as outlined in Article V.
- Shall be responsible for public posting of all meetings.
Section V: Powers and responsibilities of the Chairperson
- Preside over the meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Execute the will of the AUSA as stated by the Board.
- Coordinate the work of the committees of the AUSA.
- Represent the actions, attitudes, and position of the AUSA to all constituencies, internal or external.
- Schedule meetings of the AUSA at the will and discretion of the Board.
Section VI: Power and Responsibilities of the Vice Chairperson
- Preside over meetings in the absence of the chairperson.
- Assist the Chairperson in fulfilling his/her duties.
- Assume the duties of the Chairperson in his/her absence.
- Shall keep all official records of the AUSA and the Board and may appoint a clerk with the approval of the Board.